Workers’ Compensation


All faculty and staff


Albion College provides Workers’ Compensation insurance for all College employees.

Payment of benefits, hospital and/or doctor bills will be made in accordance with the Workers’ Compensation Act.


If an employee is injured on the job, the employee’s supervisor must be notified immediately.

The supervisor must complete an Incident Report and send it to the Human Resources Office the same day. One copy of the report should be given to the employee at the time of completion.

The Human Resources Office should also be notified by telephone the same day if outside medical services will be required. Medical treatment of work-related injuries must be arranged through the Human Resources office.

All statements from the hospital and/or doctor must be submitted to the Human Resources Office for payment by our insurance carrier. All payments are made directly by the insurance carrier to the medical provider involved.

Cabinet reviewed 7/97