You have drive. You have passion. At Albion, you can find your purpose.
Open the door to your future by applying to Albion College. Whether you’re ready to jump in and get started, or are simply looking for more information, we’re here to help you along the way.
How to Apply
As a first-year student, there are two ways to apply for admission:
Each option will list the additional materials required to complete your application for admission. You can upload documents online or submit them to the Admission Office by mail or email:
Albion College, 611 E. Porter St., Albion, MI 49224
The Admission Committee will review your file once they have received all of your documents.
We cover 100% of tuition and fees for Michigan families making under $65,000 annually, after the Michigan Tuition and Federal Pell Grants are applied. Find out if you qualify.
Albion students strive for excellence and while we base admission primarily on academic performance. We are eager to learn about your other passions and areas of interest. We evaluate the following:
- High school courses and GPA (required): we’ll look for AP, IB and Honors courses, the number of courses taken in each academic area, and the grades you received.
- Test-Optional: Due to complications regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and the uncertainty regarding SAT and ACT exam dates, Albion College is implementing a test-optional admissions policy for Fall 2021 and Fall 2022.
- Extracurricular activities (recommended, not required): Tell us what you do outside the classroom—athletics, music, theatre, community service, clubs, organizations and so on.
- School report and letter of recommendation (recommended, not required): We’re excited to hear what those who know you best have to say about you as a good fit for Albion.
- Application essay (recommended, not required): This allows you to share with us in more detail anything that you think we should consider when looking at you holistically for admission. It also provides us with insight into how you write and think.
- Admission interview (recommended, not required): One of the best ways to show the Admission Committee who you are as an individual is to visit campus and speak with an admission counselor.
Admission Processes: Early Action and Rolling Admission
You can choose to apply either through Early Action or Rolling Admission.
As an Early Action candidate, you’ll receive priority consideration for admission and scholarships. You must submit your Early Action application and all supporting documents by December 1. You’ll be notified of the admission decision within two weeks of the completed submission.
If you prefer Rolling Admission, you may apply at any point during your final year of high school. All completed applications and supporting material will be processed within two weeks of a completed submission.
The enrollment deposit deadline for both Early Action and Rolling Admission is May 1. Deposits are $225 until March 15, increasing to $350 after. The enrollment deposit is refundable until May 1.
|Date||Deadlines & Notifications|
|October 1||FAFSA filing begins for Fall Semester|
|Mid-November||Financial aid notifications sent to entering first-year students|
|December 1||Early Action deadline for Fall Semester|
|February 1||FAFSA recommended deadline|
|March 1||Admission application deadline for scholarship priority|
|May 1||Candidate reply date; deposit day for incoming first-years|
*Albion College employs a rolling admission policy for regular-decision applications.
Cost & Financial Aid
Plan a Visit
Resources for Families
100% of our students receive some form of scholarships and financial aid. We will work together to help you find ways to afford your Albion education.
What are the residence halls like? Where do I sign up for intramural sports? Are there really horses on campus? Get answers to these questions and a real sense of the Albion experience by planning a visit.
We offer individual guided tours, a self-walking tour and virtual visits with an admission counselor. Or you can explore campus virtually using our interactive map.
Some students arrive with a clear career path in mind. Others with a big question mark. Whatever the case may be, you will find an ideal fit for your goals in our wide variety of majors and concentrations.
As a parent, we welcome you to the Albion community. Sending your student to college can be an exciting and overwhelming experience. Stay connected through our parent resources.