Open Enrollment Plan Year 2024
Open Enrollment for Plan Year 2024*:
November 1, 2023 through November 20, 2023
Open Enrollment is your opportunity to review, enroll in or make changes to your medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as to add or drop coverage for eligible dependents
*Please Note: Elections made for the January 1, 2024 plan year will remain in effect through December 31, 2024.
Before selecting your coverage during this open enrollment, take the time to review your benefits options in the Open Enrollment Guide (below).
NEW in Plan Year 2024
- All benefit eligible salaried employees must make new elections or decline coverage during the open enrollment period.
- Employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Teamsters will need to contact the teamsters regarding any medical/Rx/Dental/Vision open enrollment changes. Changes to Flex Spending Accounts or Aflac will need to be done through the College.
- Existing PPO plans have been replaced with a new PPO plan and a HDHP plan under the HAP network.
- Employees covered under the HDHP will also be eligible to participate in an HSA with seed money from the college – $500 for single coverage and $1,000 for family coverage.
- Dental is now under the Delta Dental network.
Benefit elections and changes cannot be made outside of the open enrollment period, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event (QLE), such as a change in marital status, the birth or adoption of a child, a change in your partner’s/spouse’s work status or coverage, etc.
Open Enrollment Overview
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to make changes to your current benefit election. Please review your current plan to determine which of the new plan options you want to enroll in, if you want to add/remove family members, drop coverage and/or make additional changes to your plans. Changes requested during open enrollment will take effect January 1. The plan year begins on January 1 and continues through December 31.
Please be aware that decisions made during Open Enrollment are generally binding for the entire plan year. An individual may not make any changes until next year’s Open Enrollment period unless that individual has a Qualifying Life Event (e.g., marriage, birth, adoption, etc.) and notifies the Human Resources Office within 30 days from the date of the qualifying event.
Open Enrollment Deadline
All 2024 elections must be received by Human Resources no later than Monday, November 20, 2023.
Open Enrollment Resources
Please note, some of the links below are shared google docs – *please use your Albion google credentials to access documents
- Employee Benefits Guide
- Plan Year 2024 Election Form
- *Premiums Rate Chart
- *Transparent Rx National Preferred Formulary
- Health Savings Account Guide (HSA) *HSA Election Form 2024 FAQ Sample Eligible Expenses
- *Flexible Spending Accounts Guide (FSA) – *FSA 2024 Election Form
- Group Health Insurance Employee Waiver Form – This form needs to be submitted in addition to submitting the Plan Year 2024 Election Form (selecting no coverage).
- Supplemental Insurance (Aflac)
Coming soon 1/1/2024 – HealthJoy App
You can reduce your family’s health care costs and help control costs for the College by using the provided consumerism tools.
Preventative Care Benefits
- *Reform Preventive Services Brochure
- ASR Preventative Care Services Required without Cost Sharing under Health Care Reform
- *ACA Preferred Drug List
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- *Recording of EIIA Information Session and *slides used
- *New Plan Designs (in and out of network information)
- Albion College Employee Benefit Plan Document – will need to be updated
- Life Insurance Provider and add-on benefits
The Albion College Employee Benefit Plan (Plan) maintains a Notice of Privacy Practices that provides information to individuals whose protected health information (PHI) will be used or maintained by the Plan. If you would like a copy of the Plan’s Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact the Human Resources Office.