Foundation for Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity (FURSCA)
FURSCA is the Foundation for Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity. And it's where you’ll find solutions to real problems.
Investigation. Interpretation. Presentation. Put them together and you have one of the highest forms of learning. At the Foundation for Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity (FURSCA), we pair students with faculty mentors to develop and carry out research and other creative projects. Our programs are open to students in every discipline.
And it’s all up to you.
You’ll choose your subject, develop your methodology, pursue your interest, interpret your findings, and present the results. The Elkin R. Isaac Student Research Symposium is held one day each spring, and classes are canceled to allow the entire campus to attend. So immerse yourself in the subjects that inspire you, and be ready for your next big step.
Student Proposal Deadlines
- Fall Research Grant – Monday, October 23
- Fall Conference Grant – Monday, December 13
- Spring Research Grant – Friday, March 1 at Noon
- Spring Conference Grant – Friday, April 12 at Noon
- Summer Research Grant – Friday, February 9th by Noon
- Fall 2023 – October 23
- Spring 2024 – Monday, March 25
- Summer 2024 – Monday, February 19th at Noon
Take It Further
Whether you are a student, faculty or staff member, or alum, there are many ways to get involved and stay connected with FURSCA.