Academic Year Grants
During the fall and spring semesters, students may apply for up to $500 per semester to support research, scholarship, or other creative projects. Students must work closely with a faculty advisor and are not limited to any particular discipline. Funds can be used to pay for supplies, printing costs, subject incentives, software, books, or other costs associated with the completion of the project. A portion of this award may also be used for travel expenses related to the collection of data for the student project. Only current students in good academic standing are eligible for FURSCA grants.
The application process for any FURSCA research grant is completed through an online application.
Full Guidelines for Writing FURSCA Proposals
In order for an application to be considered complete, all three parts of the application must be filled out and submitted on time. Late proposals will not be considered. The three parts of the application process are
- Online application form
- Signature Sheet (Please print this file, fill it out, and turn it on paper)
- Faculty support letter via online form
Please consult the Guidelines and Rubric for the current requirements.
NOTE: All research that involves the use of human research participants (e.g., interviews, experiments, questionnaires) MUST receive prior approval from the college’s Institutional Review Board (IRB). The appropriate forms can be found on their website.
All research that involved the use of animals MUST receive prior approval from the college’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. The forms can be found on their webpage.
You must apply for funding before you have incurred the expenses for which you are requesting reimbursement.
Student Proposal Deadlines
- Fall Research Grant – Monday, November 13th
- Fall Conference Grant – Monday, December 11th
- Spring Research Grant – Friday, March 23 at Noon
- Spring Conference Grant – Friday, April 12 at Noon
- Summer Research Grant – Friday, February 9th by Noon
- Fall 2022 – Rolling
- Spring 2023 – Monday, March 27
- Summer 2023 – Monday, February 13th by Noon