Transfer Admission FAQs

How do I apply for admission as a transfer student to Albion College? Toggle Accordion

There are two ways to apply for admission to Albion College: the Albion Application or the Common Application. Applying is free.

How to Apply as a Transfer Student

Students who have earned 24 or more college credits from an accredited institution will need to send an official copy of their college transcript. Students who have less than 24 college credits from an accredited institution will need to send an official copy of their high school transcript, and college transcript. If applicable, Albion College’s ACT code is 1956; our SAT code is 1007.

You can upload documents online or submit them to the Admission Office by mail or email:

Albion College, 611 E. Porter St., Albion, MI 49224

Albion may also request additional information before admission is granted.

When will I find out about the status of my completed application? Toggle Accordion

Once you have submitted all of the necessary documents, the completed application will be reviewed for final approval. You will be notified shortly afterward.

What is the minimum GPA requirement for admission to Albion College? Toggle Accordion

The minimum cumulative GPA required for admission to Albion College as a transfer student is 2.5. Albion also considers the academic rigor of the institution you are currently attending or have attended.

How will classes transfer to Albion College? Toggle Accordion

Decisions on transfer credit are based on your official transcript. Visit the Transfer of Credit Policy page in the Registrar section of the Albion website to view what courses have historically transferred to Albion College. If a course is not listed on the site, the Albion Registrar’s Office will work with you individually to determine if a course will transfer. Albion College recognizes MACRAO courses and will accept the MACRAO stamp on your transcript.

Courses under 100 level or grades below 2.0 will not transfer to Albion College.

When can I enroll at Albion College? Toggle Accordion

You can enroll either fall or spring semester. A completed application for admission and all accompanying materials should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.

Does Albion College offer scholarships to transfer students? Toggle Accordion

Because we believe that transfer students should be rewarded for their accomplishments, Albion College offers a variety of merit-based scholarships. We look at not only your outstanding academic achievements, but also your special skills and talents. Scholarships are awarded after you are admitted to Albion College. No additional application is needed. Scholarships are renewable each year.

Need-based financial aid from federal, state, and Albion College sources includes grants, loans, and student employment. The FAFSA is required for any type of need-based financial assistance. Use Albion’s school code: 002235.

Are transfer students required to live on campus? Toggle Accordion

Albion College is a residential college, and therefore most students are required to live on campus. Housing options include apartments and residence halls. Exceptions may be made based on age, marital status, and other factors.

Is student employment available? Toggle Accordion

Student employment is available in campus offices and through the Federal Work-Study program. Find out more by visiting the Career & Internship Center.