Office of Integrated Wellness
Building a community of wellness where you can thrive.
At Albion, we are creating with courage — investing boldly in our people, our campus and our community to create the best, and healthiest, college community in the nation. We are investing in wellness so that you will thrive.
In Fall 2021, we will be launching an Office of Integrated Wellness and staff of dedicated wellness promoters are using the 8 Dimensions of Wellness to shape the Albion community into a national model for campus well-being. Expanded partnerships, new wellness services, and a bold plan to create a campus where all belong is underway.
Expanded Wellness Partnerships:
- Our new partnership with the YMCA will expand wellness activities on and off campus, and students can participate in YMCA programs for free.
- A new partnership Summit Pointe will provide access to urgent mental health care and continuing counseling. This will complement our existing partnership with Oaklawn Hospital which provides urgent care and a medical practice for the campus and the community.
- Expanded partnerships with Calhoun County Health Department Public Health, and Henry Ford Health will provide new access to health and medical services for students.
- New partnerships with the Albion Healthcare Alliance, and the Community Table of Albion will provide students with health navigation services and engage students in addressing food security issues in the community and on campus.
Expanding free access to wellness services for a purposeful life including:
- 24/7 mental health telecare at school or at home through AlbionCare.
- Albion Alumni mentors, trained to support sustained and deep relationships through MentorAlbion, reinforced with customized support through JED Campus.
- Financial advising, nutrition counseling, academic coaching and accessibility services.
- Peer mentoring to support students — academically and emotionally.
- Expanding spiritual well-being through a campus ministry model to provide spiritual support for students from all faiths or none.
We are building a campus that supports well-being.
- The new 11,000 square-foot Serra Wellness Complex provides new spaces for fitness, yoga, and other wellness classes — and a smoothie bar is on-site for healthy refueling.
- Universal design principles maximize natural light in all buildings.
- Across campus, Albion is expanding green spaces, adding outdoor teaching and learning areas, and increasing pedestrian-friendly features and city connectors.
- New substance-free and parent-child housing options are underway.
- We are adding new programming that leads students through the considerations they will be faced with as they construct a purposeful life.