As a graduate of Albion College, you are automatically a member of the Albion College Alumni Association. There are no dues, no paperwork – you are a member of this distinguished group simply because you attended Albion College.
The Alumni Association serves as a means to connect you to others in the Albion family, provide you with social and professional networking opportunities, and offer benefits unique to those associated with Albion College.
Alumni Association Board of Directors
The mission of the Albion College Alumni Association is to support Albion College’s pursuit of providing an excellent liberal arts education by encouraging communication between alumni and the College, engaging alumni to assist the College, and promoting the achievements of Albion’s students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Mark Abbott, ’89
Ann-Marie Anderson, ’88
Morgan Armstrong, ’21
Patrick Blakley, ’83
B. Ethan Coston, ’08 (they/them)
Charles Coutteau, ’16
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Greg Coyne, ’97
Latrell Crenshaw, ’21
La Mesa, California
Abbe Lindemood Ernstes, ’01
Ted Everingham, ’61
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
Cynthia Carr Falardeau, ’87
Vero Beach, Florida
Michael Haines, ’85
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Sarah Hogberg Forster, ’88
Kelly Houk, ’10
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Caroline Dobbins Hurteau, ’12
Tom Long, ’68
Palm Desert, California
Brian Longheier, ’00
Travell (T.O.) Oakes, ’16 (he/him)
Fort Myers, Florida
Maralyn O'Brien, ’05
Middletown, Rhode Island
Joel McDade, ’08
Dennis Moore, ’70
Kevin Opple, ’93
Lyssa Whiren Towl, ’94
Cezara Siotean, ’19
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Rosemary Smith Zander, ’64
- Mathew Johnson, President
Presidential Charge for the Alumni Board
Designed to empower each individual on the Alumni Association Board of Directors (Board) to take public leadership, members of the Board actively amplify the brand identity, core work, and special initiatives of Albion College; actively support the College in pursuit of its strategic goals; and actively affirm Albion College’s identity as an exemplary liberal arts college animated by a deep commitment to purpose, where all members feel a deep sense of belonging, and where transformative ideas come from and are turned into action. A hallmark of the Albion College community, and therefore an Albion education, is our commitment to a diverse and engaged body of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. Each of the focus areas below contribute to the college’s fundamental impact. As we continue to advance the College, the Board is an invaluable group to help maximize these efforts.
Board members serve as volunteer leaders and ambassadors between the College and alumni network for:
- Recruitment: Connect regional alumni with opportunities to encourage nearby prospective students; Engage students involved in specific interest areas relevant to programs at Albion College; Refer prospective students.
- Engagement: Participate in regional and on-campus opportunities to engage alumni, parents, and prospective students in meaningful ways; Generate excitement in the alumni network around college happenings; Contribute to fundraising efforts and goals.
- Student Support: Provide opportunities for students to connect with alumni for professional networking, including internship and career experiences; Contribute to the college’s retention efforts through supporting current students; Support the increasingly diverse student population.
- Albion Community: Connect alumni with developments in the Albion community, contributing to the synergy between the city and college.
- Brand: Promote and advocate on behalf of Albion College on social media platforms and within your network.
- Pride: Contribute to a common sense of pride in Albion College, our alumni and current students, including the selection of Distinguished and Young Alumni award recipients that will inspire the Albion College community.
- Connection: Serve as a hub for alumni engagement and involvement with the college; Connect alumni with specific areas of interest; Share key college news and opportunities for involvement with the alumni network.
- Diversity: Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion, including membership on the Alumni Board that represents the diversity of the alumni and student populations.
- Philanthropy: Provide annual financial support to Albion College in personally meaningful ways.