Institutional Review Board (IRB)
The Institutional Review Board reviews all research projects involving human participants. There are two categories of IRB review of research involving human participants:
- Expedited review. Students, faculty, and community members are eligible to submit this type of proposal.
- Convened review. Students, faculty, and community members are eligible to submit this type of proposal.
All research using human participants, including that which the investigator believes is exempt from expedited or full review, must be submitted to the IRB for approval.
Meeting Schedule and Submission Information
- The IRB committee will only meet as necessary for convened reviews
- Proposal submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed via email
- All proposals must be submitted at least two weeks before the end of the semester
- No new proposals will be accepted during college breaks; please plan accordingly
To submit an Institutional Review Board proposal for approval, you will need to complete the appropriate Cover Sheet: Self-Report of Review Status Form and required documents. Please see Submitting a Proposal.
Please fill out the forms and submit one (1) hard copy of the completed proposal to Schara Swan in the Department of Psychological Science office, located in Olin 308, during business hours. Make sure you give it to Schara Swan or one of her staff members; do not slide the forms under the office door.
Revised September 2018