In line with our commitment to foster a culture of belonging on campus, we have created a bias reporting system for use by all members of our community. This tool is a resource to report individual incidents of bias on or off campus and serves as a mechanism to help us address systemic issues of bias more broadly. Our first goal is to educate our community and to provide an avenue for people to report any incidents of bias. This allows Albion College to respond to individual cases and, when an individual is not identified, this system gives the College needed information to establish patterns that guide the Office of Belonging for a strategy on continuing education and addressing problematic and harmful behaviors.
This bias reporting system is for non-emergency reporting only. All emergencies should be reported to the Department of Campus Safety at 517/629-1234. If you have any questions, please reach out to Keena Williams at email@example.com.
Albion will make every effort to prioritize confidentiality and trust of individuals who file a bias report. Please be aware, however, that in certain circumstances involving safety or criminal action, we may not be able to guarantee anonymity. The information contained in this report will be shared with the appropriate campus officials involved in an investigation or resolution of the incident.
The bias reporting team will evaluate your report promptly, however, the timing and manner in which the College responds to the report will vary depending on the information provided and based on anonymity. The College does not guarantee it will respond to reports individually. If you would not like your response to be dealt with individually, you can indicate that in the form.
- Samantha Addington, Assistant Director of Admissions and Tour Guide Coordinator – Staff Representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milton Barnes, Director for Student Success Initiatives – Athletics Representative email@example.com
- Connie Smith, Associate Vice President for Student Development – Student Representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Wilch, Dean of Faculty – Faculty Representative email@example.com
- Keena Williams, Chief Belonging Officer, Title IX Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org