The new MentorAlbion peer and career mentoring programs, offered in partnership with Mentor Collective and launched in Spring/Summer 2021, will:
- Contribute to integrated wellness initiatives on campus, to invest in our students’ wellness so they can thrive.
- Promote increased retention and graduation rates and post-graduate success by providing 1:1 support through intentional mentor/mentee matches, supplemental resources, and sustained contact.
- Tap into the abundance of social capital available through our impressive alumni network to provide transformative and equitable learning and professional opportunities.
- Develop meaningful connections among our Briton network.
The Mentor Collective Program
The Mentor Collective program enhances the student experience by linking them one-on-one with an alumni or peer mentor. Students are paired with someone invested in their success — a person ready to listen, inspire, help navigate challenges and recognize opportunities. Students will learn what to expect in school, how to approach challenges, gain career advice and valuable insights, while mentors will build their networks and develop skills to become better professionals and leaders.
How it Works
Students will be matched with an alum or peer mentor based on common interests, background, academics, and professional aspirations. To get started, students and mentors register and complete an online survey to paint a holistic picture of their interests and experiences.
What do Mentors and Mentees Discuss?
- How will my major impact my professional options?
- How do I balance the demands of school, responsibilities, and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers and professional contacts?
For Juniors & Seniors:
For First Years & Sophomores:
For Current Students & Recent Graduates (Classes of 2020-2023):