BritBus is currently not running due to a lack of student staff. If you are interested in driving for BritBus, please apply online.
Shuttle to Jackson
We offer a shuttle to Jackson on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. The shuttle will depart from Campus at 6:30 p.m. and provide students transport to Meijer, Target, and Walmart stores. The shuttle will leave Jackson at 8:30 p.m. and arrive back to Albion’s Campus around 9 p.m. There is a limit of 10 students per trip. Please use the link provided to register. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0A44A8AE2EA20-jackson
General Information and Guidelines
- From 8:00 A.M.-8:30 P.M., regardless of weather conditions, students are expected to walk to and from places on or near campus, including the Dow Center, Burns St apartments, Munger Apartments, Harrington School, Washington Gardner building, and the downtown area. Exceptions may be made for students with medical conditions as approved by the Accessibility Services staff member.
- Campus Safety transportation services are primarily intended for students without vehicles on campus who live in College housing. Students who have vehicles on campus and students who live off-campus are expected to use their vehicles for their own transportation needs off-campus. Students who live off-campus are also expected to make their own transportation arrangements.
- Campus Safety offers transportation for students to businesses within the City of Albion (excluding the downtown area) everyday of the week from 12 P.M. – 6 P.M. To receive this transportation, students should call Campus Safety or stop by the Campus Safety office during those times.
- Campus Safety officers have many responsibilities, the most important of which is to provide initial response to emergencies that occur on campus. Transportation for students may be delayed or cancelled in the event of one of those situations.
- Non-emergency requests for service, such as transports and admittances, are normally provided in the order they are received.
Additional Safety Measures and Guidelines in Place
To ensure the safety of students and Campus Safety staff, the following guidelines and procedures have been put in place.
- Protective plastic barriers have been installed in all Campus Safety vehicles to limit exposure between the driver and passengers.
- Campus Safety vehicles will be regularly sanitized, including between passengers.
- The driver and all passengers will wear masks at all times while in a Campus Safety vehicle.
- Students who have symptoms of COVID-19 who require medical transportation should inform the Campus Safety dispatcher when they call to arrange for a ride
Transportation to and from the Ludington Center and Downtown Albion
In order to foster a culture of walking among our campus community, Campus Safety will not be providing transportation to or from the Ludington Center or any location in downtown Albion during daylight hours. This also includes the Shell and Citgo gas stations, Biggby Coffee, and the public library. Campus Safety will continue to provide safety escorts to Ludington, after 8:30pm, during the hours that the Ludington Center is open for students.
Transportation for Employment
Campus Safety will provide transportation off-campus in the City of Albion for employment. (NOTE: Campus Safety does not provide transportation for work during the daylight hours for downtown businesses, as these are within walking distance.)
Please note that Campus Safety does not provide transportation outside of the City of Albion for employment under any circumstances.
Transportation for Medical Appointments
Students who have medical appointments in Albion, (except in the downtown area) , Marshall, Jackson, or Battle Creek, can request transportation to and from those appointments. Students should email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance to make arrangements for this transportation after it has been approved.
Students who need to be seen at the Oaklawn Express Care in the Munger Apartment building are expected to walk to and from this location unless they are ill, in which case they may call Campus Safety at (517) 629-1234 to request transportation assistance to the clinic as needed.
Transportation for Students with Disabilities
Campus Safety will provide transportation to and from class and Baldwin for students with a temporary or permanent accessibility accommodation. Students who wish this type of transportation should first complete the College Accommodation process. Students may email Campus Safety (email@example.com) to make arrangements for this transportation after their accommodation request has been approved.
Campus Safety will continue to provide safety escorts for students from 8:30 P.M.-8:00 A.M. each day to and from on-campus locations and the Ludington Center. Students who would like a safety escort may request one by calling (517) 629-1234. Campus Safety officers will also be providing more walking escorts for students in an effort to foster a walking culture among our campus community.
Transportation to and from Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Transportation to the Detroit Metro Airport is contracted through Detroit Airport Town Cars. To use this service, students should complete the shuttle request form.
Forms need to be submitted at least 1 week before their flight.
The fee for this service (one way) is $75 for a single student, $35 each for 2 or more students.
Campus Safety staff will work with the company to arrange the transport and will notify the student by email 2 days before the scheduled flight.
Campus Safety does not arrange transportation to any other airports.
Transportation to and from the Albion Bus/Train Station
Campus Safety will provide transportation for students to and from the Albion bus/train station on request. Students should contact Campus Safety 20-30 minutes before their bus/train arrival.
Campus Safety does not provide transportation to/from any bus or train station outside of Albion.