Albion Go! Grants
Experience more with Albion Go!
You’re preparing to live and work in a global society. Your education should reflect that.
At Albion College, we recognize that valuable learning takes place both inside and outside the classroom–and all around the world!
Albion Go! ensures that all students who pursue an Albion education can access extraordinary off-campus experiential education opportunities. Our goal is for every Albion student to have access to a rewarding, affordable global experience before they graduate.
Enhance your resume with valuable professional experience, engage with local and global communities, develop language and communication skills, and contextualize your ideas in a different culture or environment.
Albion Go! supports a broad range of off-campus programs, including opportunities in the U.S. and around the world.
How much funding is offered through Albion Go! grants?
Albion Go! grants can be awarded for up to $2500 to cover expenses for pre-approved off-campus intensive experiential learning opportunities. Students may receive one grant during the course of their full-time undergraduate enrollment at Albion.
Who can apply for an Albion Go! grant?
Beginning in the Fall of 2021, all enrolled students may apply for an Albion Go! grant to cover expenses for pre-approved off-campus intensive experiential learning opportunities. Students may receive one grant during the course of their full-time undergraduate enrollment at Albion.
What expenses do Albion Go! grants cover?
Albion Go! grants can be used to cover the following:
- Program Tuition and Fees billed through Albion College
- Housing Costs for The Philadelphia Center
This list is not exhaustive.
Do grant recipients have particular responsibilities to fulfil?
Albion Go! Program components. Albion Go! Grant recipients commit to the following requirements when accepting the grant:
- Before your program: Attend all required pre-departure orientations and complete all online orientation modules.
- During your program: Submit a 1 page mid-program reflection. Complete the “Through Your Eyes” program by submitting a minimum of 3 instagram posts about your experience or one web-worthy video.
- After your program: Submit a 1 page end-of-experience reflection. Submit at least one photo for the CIE Global Photo Contest. Serve as a study abroad ambassador on at least 2 occasions (study abroad orientation, CIE’s Briton Bash table, admissions study abroad sessions, classroom visits, etc).
How can I apply?
To be eligible for an Albion Go! grant, a student must be approved to participate in an Albion College-sponsored off-campus program that has been pre-approved for grant funding. All students accepted into a pre-approved program will receive an invitation to apply for the Albion Go! grant as part of their acceptance into the program.
Students will be notified of grant decisions no later than 30 days before the beginning of the program. The College reserves the right to execute voucher caps and eligibility limits based on student demand.