Rescinding of Temporary COVID Policies
February 9, 2022
Dear Albion College Students, Faculty and Staff:
It is great to have students back on campus for the Spring semester. We have successfully and safely completed the first two weeks of the semester. We want to thank everyone, but especially students, for adhering to our temporary COVID-19 Mitigation Policies that we put in place as a response to the surging Omicron Variant case numbers across the State of Michigan and in Calhoun County. Your diligent efforts to follow these guidelines are the key reason why we did not have a significant outbreak of COVID-19 on our campus. The number of cases has continued to decrease since our centralized check-in process.
At this time, with the small number of positives on campus, and sharply decreasing numbers of positive cases and hospitalizations in Calhoun County, we are rescinding the temporary COVID-19 Mitigation Policies for the Spring 2022 semester effective immediately. All students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors must continue to mask while in indoor college-owned facilities. With the rescinding of all other policies, please note the following:
- All Institutional Advancement and Admission events may be hosted in person and on campus.
- Metz Dining venues will return to normal operations and with normal capacities in all locations.
- All indoor campus recreational and workout facilities will return to full capacity.
- Capacity limits for athletic events and other co-curricular events held on campus will return to full capacity.
- All visitor restrictions are lifted for residential buildings.
- Indoor social gatherings, community living, and campus life events may return to in-person. Greek organizations will receive additional information regarding approval of all social gatherings including recruitment activities from Assistant Dean for Campus Life, Sharese Mathis.
As we remove these mitigation policies, it is important to note that we are still in a pandemic and COVID-19 remains in our community. Please continue to adhere to our indoor masking requirements, wash your hands and stay home if you are ill. All policies regarding Isolation and Quarantine remain in effect. If you test positive, you must report your positive status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you once again for helping keep our campus safe and healthy.
Associate Dean for Wellness
Vice President for Student Development and Dean of Students