New COVID-19 Guidelines, Testing & Check-In
January 11, 2022
Dear Albion College Student,
We look forward to your return to campus in the near future. In order for us to appropriately prepare for your safe return to campus, we need to understand your current vaccination status. Your full participation in completing this short vaccination status survey is greatly appreciated!
Albion College’s Isolation and Quarantine policies have been updated in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Calhoun County Health Department. Please be aware that if you are eligible for a booster vaccination and have not received one, you will be required to quarantine if you are determined to be a close contact to an individual who tested positive for COVID-19. Individuals who are eligible for a booster vaccination are:
- Anyone that received their single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine more than 2 months ago
- Anyone that received their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine more that 5 months ago.
If you fall into one of those categories, you must receive a booster shot to avoid quarantine.
Preparing for Spring 2022 Check-In Process January 22 or 23
If you are feeling ill, please do not return to campus. Please contact email@example.com for further guidance.
The Office of Community Living will be sending a separate communication related to scheduling an appointment for the centralized check-in process that will take place on January 22 or 23, 2022. Please check your email! All students will need to participate in the centralized check-in process.
All students will be required to take a COVID-19 test at centralized check-in unless they can provide proof/documentation of one of the following actions.
- Provide a record of your vaccination status to show that you are either less than two months removed from your single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine, less than 5 months removed from your second dose of Pfizer/Moderna vaccine, or that you have received your booster vaccination. This can be provided by showing a photo of your record to a member of the COVID-19 team during the check-in process or by emailing it to the Office of Integrated Wellness (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide proof that you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days. This can be done by providing documentation from your medical provider or a testing site showing the date of the positive test.
- Provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of your arrival to campus. You can provide this information to a member of the COVID-19 team during the check-in process. We will accept a picture of an at-home test.
Please note if you test positive upon arrival, you will be asked to return home for isolation. If that is not possible, you will be moved into designated isolation housing, if space is available.
Please contact the Office of Integrated Wellness (email@example.com) via email if you have further questions related to the above information.
The Office of Integrated Wellness