Information Regarding COVID-19 Booster Shot
December 2, 2021
Dear Campus Community:
Many of you have expressed interest in learning where and when you could get your third dose shot (booster) as we wrap up the Fall 2021 semester. As a resource to you in preparation for the upcoming Winter Break and holiday season, we would like to provide you with the following information regarding the Covid-19 Booster Shot and it’s availability.
Information Regarding Third Dose Booster Shot
Who is Eligible to Receive?
- For individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, adults 18 years and older are now eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial two-dose series.
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine booster shots are also recommended for those who are 18 and older and who were vaccinated two or more months ago. Please review additional information and guidance provided in regards to the J & J booster.
If you didn’t know, there are now booster recommendations for all three brands of the COVID-19 vaccine available in the United States. Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a booster preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
Where can I go to get a Booster while still in the Albion Area?
- Family Fare Pharmacy – Offering Pfizer & Moderna Boosters by appointment
- Washington Gardner – Monday and Wednesday 12pm-7pm, Friday 9am-5pm Walk-In (Pfizer)
- Calhoun County Health Dept – Walk-In Clinic on Fridays from 8:30-10:30. For other available times please call (517) 629-9434. (Pfizer & Moderna)
- Hemmingsen’s Pharmacy – Located in Marshall, MI. Pfizer and Moderna by appointment only.
The Office of Integrated Wellness