College Statements and Contacts
- Albion College draws its strength from the rich diversity of our students. We are pleased to welcome qualified students from all backgrounds, regardless of citizenship and immigration status, into our living and learning community.
- We are mindful of the challenges faced by DACA holders and undocumented students during these uncertain times and are committed to continuing to welcome and support these individuals.
- Faculty and staff are not required to assist federal immigration authorities or allow entrance to rooms, access to information or any other student access, barring specific directions contained in an official warrant.
- Agents or officers claiming to have a warrant should be referred to Campus Safety, who will consult with College counsel as necessary to verify the warrant.
What do I do if I see Immigration Enforcement on campus?
Any situations on campus involving Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) should be referred to Ken Snyder, Director of Campus Safety who can be reached by calling campus safety at 517/629-0911. Mr. Snyder will consult with College counsel as necessary to verify any warrant presented.
Where can I find resources locally?
Registrar Andrew Dunham, is available to help students and their allies find resources. He can be reached at 517/629-0216 or .
Undocumented Student Support Committee (USSC)
The USSC works to identify and address the needs of undocumented students at Albion College.
The following are active members of this committee and can be contacted to support undocumented students and their allies:
- Scott Hendrix, Writing Center director
- Lynn Verduzco-Baker, associate professor, Anthropology & Sociology
- Dana Smith, Admission Counselor
- Patrick McLean, director, Ford Institute
- Deborah Kanter, professor, History
- Elizabeth Barrios, assistant professor, Spanish & TransAmerican Latino/a Studies
- Marcie Noble, staff lecturer, Spanish
- Carrie Menold, associate professor, Geological Sciences
- Cristen Casey, director, Center for International Education
- Lupe Morales, Admission Counselor
Faculty Committee on Diversity
The Faculty Committee on Diversity works to address a wide variety of diversity related issues on campus. The members of this committee are:
- Elizabeth Barrios, Chair
- Roger Albertson
- Nancy Demerdash-Fatemi
- Lynn Verduzco-Baker
- Carrie Walling
- Keena Williams
Reporting Discriminatory Harassment
Albion College seeks to create a welcoming environment in which all students can learn. If a student experiences harassment or discriminatory treatment there are several ways they can report it. Please see this page for details, including an anonymous reporting tool.