Mae Harrison Karro Village (The Mae)
The Mae Harrison Karro Student Residential Village, commonly called “The Mae,” is considered a privileged housing option for senior-level men and women. Located on the corner of Erie and Mingo streets, The Mae is in an ideal, centralized location for its residents.
Of the 13 apartments available between the four different buildings, there are:
- 2 six-person units (three double rooms/each)
- 7 four-person units (two double rooms/each)
- 4 four-person units (four single rooms/each)
- XL twin size bed (80” x 36”)
- Can be bunked or placed as singles
- Desk and desk chair
- Chest of drawers (three-drawer unit)
- Cable TV hookup
- Mini blinds
Building your own loft is prohibited. All college furniture must remain in the room throughout the entire academic year.
Students in The Mae Apartments are not required to be on a College Board Plan. However, students may purchase a College Board Plan if desired. Please see Dining Services for more information.
- Carpeted living and dining rooms
- Air conditioned facility
- Mini blinds
- Cable TV hook up
- Furnished living room
- One sofa
- two lounge chairs
- a coffee table
- two end tables
- Dining room table and chairs
- 6-person apartments include 6 dining room chairs and an additional loveseat
- Full kitchen
- Sink with garbage disposal
- Three washers and three dryers (located in Building Two)
- Each cycle costs $1.25
- Students will need to load money onto their Albion1Card to operate the machines
Residents are responsible for the housekeeping of their individual apartments. Students should plan to bring their own cookware, dishware, and silverware.
Wireless access is only available in the common areas. All student rooms have active, wired ports.
The Mae Apartments are set up with a card system that allows students to use their Albion1Card as a key to their residential building as well as their individual apartment. Individual rooms within the apartments are accessed with the student’s Albion1Card as well.
Mae Harrison Karro Village is a smoke-free facility.
Emergency Telephone Locations
The Mae Apartments have 8 emergency telephones (at all entrances) that are direct lines to Campus Safety:
- East & West exterior doors of Building One
- Northeast & Northwest exterior doors of Building Two – indicated by blue lights
- North & South exterior door of Building Three
- North & South exterior door of Building Four
Please see Campus Safety’s Emergency Telephone Locations Map for all emergency telephone locations.
Room Sign Up Requirements
Students interested in living in The Mae must apply in groups of four to six during the Apartment phase of the Room Selection Process. Students must be in good social and academic standing to reside in these apartments. Each applicant is required to sign a waiver (so the Office of Residential Life can request each student's records through Student Affairs) when applying for these options.
Apartment/Ingham Applications are due Thursday, March 24, 2016 by 4:00 PM.
For information on room rates, please see the Accounting Office's Tuition & Fees page.
1107 E. Erie Street
Albion, MI 49224