Dean Hall is a special-interest housing option unit with the designation of the women's cooperative made on an annual basis. This cooperative is for sophomore through senior-status women. Residents of Dean Hall must fulfill the cooperative nature of Dean Hall, which includes the following:
- Residents plan, cook, and consume at least five meals together on days when classes are in session (e.g. sit together during meals).
- Residents are expected to work in a cooperative manner with respect for each other.
- Residents must clean Dean Hall themselves (not College staff), including all common areas and trash removal.
Dean Hall is self-governed by an elected board of the residents consisting of the following positions:
- Vice President
- Social Chair
- Recruitment Chair
- House Manager
- Food Czars (two)
Dean Hall holds 21 women in 10 double-occupancy and 1 designated single-occupancy room. The RA has a single-occupancy room on the first floor (22nd resident).
- XL twin size bed (80” x 36”)
- Can be bunked or placed as singles
- Desk and desk chair
- Chest of drawers (three-drawer unit)
- Cable TV hookup
- Mini blinds
Building your own loft is prohibited. All college furniture must remain in the room/hall throughout the entire academic year.
Students assigned to Dean Hall are required to participate in the Dean Hall Board Plan. The cost of the Dean Hall Board Plan is determined by the residents at the start of the academic year. Residents pay the cost to the Dean Hall treasurer at that time.
- Carpeted living and dining rooms
- Four restrooms (one on the 3rd floor, two on the 2nd floor, and one on the 1st floor) Fully furnished living room
- Sofas, lounge chairs, end tables, etc.
- Dining room table and chairs
- Full kitchen
- Sink refrigerator
- Deep freezer
- Laundry Machines
- One washer and one dryer
Albion College cleans the restrooms. Students need to bring their own cookware, dishware, and silverware.
Dean Hall has wireless access throughout the building. Wired connections are available upon request (submit work order request to the Helpdesk to be connected).
Dean Hall is set up with a card system that allows students to use their Albion1Card as a key to their residential building. Students will receive a key from the Office of Residential Life that will lock/unlock their individual room door.
Residential Life Staff
Resident Assistant (RA)
- An upper-class student leader hired through the Office of Residential Life
- Dean Hall houses one RA
Dean Hall is a smoke-free facility.
Emergency Telephone Locations
Dean Hall has one emergency telephone location that is a direct line to Campus Safety:
- North exterior door (Erie street side)
Please see Campus Safety’s Emergency Telephone Location Map for all emergency telephone locations.
Room Sign Up Requirements
Students interested in living in Dean must apply during the Dean Hall phase of the Room Selection Process.
Dean Hall Applications are due by Friday, March 6, 2015 by 5:00 PM.
For information on room rates, please see the Accounting Office's Tuition & Fees page.
400 E. Erie Street
Albion, MI 49224