Student Computer System Requirements
If you are purchasing a new computer we recommend a wireless laptop for mobility, but the choice is one of personal preference. Albion College is an operating system neutral campus.
We offer the following:
- The college provides Microsoft Office software (Mac and PC) free of charge.
- Integrated or USB wireless networking is available in the following residence halls: Wesley, Whitehouse, Seaton and Mitchell, and the Fraternities.
We recommend the following:
- Integrated or USB wireless networking is available.
- Wireless is available in the following residence halls: Wesley, Whitehouse, Seaton and Mitchell.
- Integrated Wireless networking (802.11g , n, or ac) standard on most new computers
- 4 Gigagbytes of RAM (memory)
- Case for safe transportation
- Windows 7, 8, or 10
- MAC - OS X 10.6 or higher
- Important: If your computer came with operating system installation disks, please bring them with you to aid in troubleshooting and resolving computer problems. Some manufacturers include a copy of your system disks on your hard drive. Check your documentation or contact the manufacturer.
Removable storage (optional):
USB 2.0 Jump/Flash Drive or USB powered portable hard drive
While students can use their print credits to print to college provided printers, many prefer the convenience of personal printer. Printer type is a matter of personal preference. Note: Wireless printing to personal printers does not function on our network.