Gmail Contacts - Import Albion Contacts
To import contacts to Gmail:
- Log in to Gmail.
- Click on the Google Apps icon on the top right of the email browser and select Contacts.
- In the menu along the left, choose Import Contacts and then Choose File.
- In the panel along the left, choose This PC and select the I drive.
- Scroll to the bottom, select the file Contacts.csv, click open and click the Import button.
There will be a delay before new contacts are imported. This delay can be a few minutes or a few hours. Check back to the same location numerous times until the Albion contacts number has doubled.
Those who have done the process before will need to fix all duplicate data by following these steps:
- Click the More drop-down menu, select Find and merge duplicates.
- The names of the contacts with duplicate data will be displayed.
- When you are ready, click Merge at the bottom of the list.
To remove a Group: (previously imported file)
- Select the previous imported file from the left side. (example: Imported 8/30/2011)
- Click the More drop-down menu.
- Select Delete Group. Make sure the right group is selected to delete. Click OK.
Note: This will delete the group only, not the contacts in the group.