The Mitchell Towers Experience
Mitchell Towers is an upperclass student residence hall with a focus on suite-style living (semi-private bathrooms) and close-knit floor communities. Each of the four floors features a central, shared lounge space for students to study and spend downtime with their friends and neighbors. Communal first and ground floor lounges between each tower are available to hang out, play pool, watch movies, or bake cookies together. The Mitchell Towers living experience provides students the space to create the bonds and communities that they choose, with the opportunity to make new connections just a floor away.
Room Selection Process
If interested in applying to live in Mitchell Towers during Room Selection Process, students can apply in groups of four (full-suite) or two (half-suite). Gender Inclusive Housing options are available in Mitchell.
For more information on room rates, please see the Student Accounting Office’s Tuition & Fees page.
Students residing in Mitchell Towers are required to select the 15, 18, or 21-Block Residential Meal Plans. Please see the Dining Services page for more information.
Residence Hall Amenities
- Wireless access is available throughout the building. Wired connections are available upon request (submit work order request to the Helpdesk to be connected).
- Our card system allows students to use their Albion1Card as a key to their residential building as well as their individual room.
- Located on the basement level below the central commons area, the building’s full kitchen has a stove, sink, refrigerator, and microwave. Some kitchen equipment is available to borrow upon request.
Lounges and Study Space
- Each floor in both towers is configured around a central common area, equipped with a table and chairs for small meetings or studying, and some soft furniture for gathering.
- The first floor and basement floor also offer a large screen TV, a piano, a pool table, and additional areas for gathering.
Computer Lab/ Printer
- Located on the first floor, the Mitchell Towers computer lab is equipped with a desktop computer and a black and white printer. If equipment is not functioning correctly, please contact HelpDesk through the work order system.
- Laundry facilities at Albion College are free of charge
- Four washers and four dryers are located in the basement level of each tower.
- Vending machines for snacks and drinks are located in the first floor central lobby.
Equipment Check Out
- During on-call hours, students can visit the Community Assistant Office to check-out games and limited cleaning supplies and cookware.
Residents are responsible for the housekeeping of their individual rooms and suite bathrooms. Albion College cleans other common areas (lounges, public restrooms, kitchenettes, etc.).
All student rooms in Mitchell Towers are approximately 20’11” x 10’6″
Each student is provided the following furniture:
- XL twin size bed (80” x 36”)
- May be bunked or placed as individuals
- Desk and desk chair
- Chest of drawers (three-drawer unit)
Building your own loft is prohibited. All college furniture must remain in the room throughout the entire academic year.
Community Living Staff
Area Coordinator (AC)
- A full-time professional staff member hired through the Office of Residential Life lives on the first floor of Mitchell Towers year round.
- The Mitchell Towers Area Coordinator office is located on the first floor, between the central commons and the North Tower, and next to the Computer Lab.
Community Assistant (CA)
- CAs are upper-class student leaders hired through the Office of Community Living
- Each floor houses one CA (CA to student ratio is approximately 1:32)
- CAs rotate on-call support for the building in evening hours
Mitchell Towers is a smoke-free facility. Please see the Student Handbook for information about Use of Tobacco Products and Illegal Drugs.
Emergency Telephone Locations
Mitchell Towers has four emergency telephone locations that are direct lines to Campus Safety:
- East exterior door (Mingo street side of North tower) – indicated by a blue light
- West center foyer
- Inside the elevator of each tower
Please see Campus Safety’s Emergency Telephone Location Map for all emergency telephone locations.
106 S. Mingo Street
Albion, MI. 49224