Register for Student Employment

What are the steps needed to be hired as a student employee? Toggle Accordion

In order for a student to be eligible for employment, the student must have been offered and accepted a position. Once a job offer is accepted, the student must register with the student employment team. This entails attending student employment orientation and completion of the required paperwork provided by the student employment team.

If a student has worked on campus during the academic year – registration for employment is not needed each year.

Where can I find the required paperwork? Toggle Accordion

If you are a new hire, the student employment team will contact you and provide you with the forms you will need to complete prior to your orientation.

If you are already an employee and need to update any forms, please contact [email protected].

What do I need to bring with me to orientation? Toggle Accordion

You will need to bring your ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENT(S) for the completion of the I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification form. The U.S. government has strict requirements about the acceptability of documents for establishing work eligibility that vary with each person’s circumstance. For U.S. citizens, the most common documentation provided is either a U.S. passport or the combination of a driver’s license and a social security card. These must be the original document or a certified copy, photocopies are not acceptable. Please use your permanent address when completing your I-9 form.

What do I do after I am registered? Toggle Accordion

Start working! Congratulations and welcome to the Albion College family!