Teaching and advising both reflect an ongoing process requiring two-way communication between student and teacher advisor. Effective teaching and effective advising reflect a developmental relationship that focuses on the needs and personal growth of the student/advisee.
Academic advising at Albion College reflects our focus on the development of the whole student. Advisors work individually with student advisees to explore long-range academic and career goals, to choose courses during the academic advising period, and to encourage students to explore non-academic interests.
This page contains useful tools for accessing student information, advising materials, and other resources.
Albion College Center for Teaching and Learning
- ACIS to see Student Menu and Advisor Menu
- Example page of Student Registration system
- Argos Dashboard for student audit reports and rosters
- Graduation Audit Forms
General Academic Information
Advising First Year Students
- First Year Advising
- Advising Special Populations in the First Year from Academic Advising and the First College Year (2017)
- Appreciative Advising Questions
- Advising Questions for First-Year Students by Maura Reynolds
Academic Affairs and Student Life
- The Cutler Center for Student Success
- Career and Internship Center
- Center for International Education
- Counseling Services
- Education Program
- Office of Campus Life
- Student Life