The innovative relationship between Albion College, the City of Albion and two communities in France made a big impression on the National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA), which has honored Albion College with a 2014 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization.
Anthony Moon, ’13, is starting his career in professional baseball this spring, though it’s a different path than what he may have imagined as a young player growing up near Kalamazoo. The athletic training graduate is working with 160 New York Yankees minor leaguers at spring training in Florida and will work as an athletic trainer for the Class A Staten Island Yankees when the season begins.
Trisha Franzen, professor of women's and gender studies, recounts a painful yet fortuitous event for Anna Howard Shaw (left), suffrage leader and Albion College alumna, on her February 14 birthday 100 years ago. Franzen has written a biography on Shaw that is scheduled to be published in March.
Three graduate students from Costa Rica abandoned the tropics for Albion's frosty first week of February. The students' visit marks the next step in a relationship between their school and Albion, begun by education professor Kyle Shanton.
More than 230 Special Olympians descended upon the Albion College campus Feb. 8 as the Britons' Student-Athlete Advisory Committee hosted a regional basketball tournament. “Working with Special Olympians reminds me of why I love the sport I play, and why I love athletics in general,” said Jalyn Ingalls, ’14, volleyball middle hitter and SAAC president.
Nels Christensen, associate professor of English, was a guest during the Feb. 9 edition of the Greening of the Great Lakes radio program on WJR 760-AM, Detroit. The hour-long program airs Sundays at 7 p.m. and is hosted by Dr. Kirk Heinze, '70.
- Bond Examines 'Dream' Successes, Challenges at MLK Convocation
- History Professor Dick Hailed for Community Involvement
- Heartwell, '71, Named to Obama Task Force
- Trombley, '14, Rewarded for Community Journalism
- For Leapheart, '15, Internship in Midland Changes Hometown View
- Alumni in the News: Bill Sweeney, '98; Sarah McNitt, '02
- First-Years in Hawaii: Above the Clouds, Connected with Culture
- Basques and Bilbao: Emily Walker's Semester in Spain
- Albion College's 2013: A Look Back
- Melpolder, '14, Reflects on Practical, Athletic Experiences