Warm wishes and not-too-cool weather suffused the campus as the 320 members of the Class of 2013 celebrated Commencement on May 11. It was the last Commencement for President Donna Randall, who will begin her off-campus duties as Albion College Chancellor in July.
Melissa Walton, a senior associate athletic director for Albion College, has taken on a new challenge during this spring semester—coaching the Special Olympics Area 19 volleyball team from Jackson County as it prepares for the state games at the end of the month.
While technology has changed the way Dan Barcheski, ’83, leads Axios, the company he founded to deliver employment solutions to small and mid-sized companies 25 years ago, the importance of personal networking has remained constant.
That’s why he approached his management team to see if there was an internship available when he learned that current Albion junior Brett McCarty was looking for professional work experience.
Albion students Eric Fink and Alissa Reddy were recently awarded internships with the Research Internships in Science and Engineering (RISE) program, part of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The DAAD/RISE program will pay Fink and Reddy, both majoring in chemistry and German, while they live in Germany for three months, working with German doctoral candidates on chemistry research.
Albion College senior Lauren Rao is accustomed to being on the go. After all, she juggled the demands of being a varsity diver, singing with the a capella group Bella Voce, and being a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority in addition to the hundreds of clinical hours needed to complete her athletic training major.
Tom Dukes, ’13, enjoyed the experience of studying off-campus at the University of Tübingen so much he knew he had to get back to Germany someday.
Luckily for Dukes, he won’t have to wait long. The international studies and German major from Midland will return to Germany next year under a Fulbright Scholarship, teaching English to middle- and high school students.
- Albion College Celebrates 2013 Young Alumni 'Top 10 in 10'
- McCall Smith Delights Audience to Cap 2013 Isaac Symposium
- Mike Harrington, '85, Presents 2013 Isaac Alumni Lecture
- Chaplain Reflects on Boston Tragedy
- Michael Frandsen Named Albion College's Interim President
- Nelson, '13, Headed to Chiropractic School
- Ayotte, '16, Hits the Street as Second Albion Community Intern
- President Randall to Become Chancellor, National Presidential Search Launched
- Weaver, '13, Finishes with Top Choice in Graduate School Process
- Duvall to Lead Advancement at New College of Florida