Centered on Community
Albion College offers four-year tuition, room and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Learn about the Build Albion Fellows Program
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Listen to the Town & Gown podcast series
Weight Room Rules and Regulations
The following guidelines should be honored at all times in the weight room:
- You must be 16 years of age to use this room or be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Proper exercise attire (shirt and shorts) and athletic shoes required.
- No food or drink allowed in the weight room (a plastic water bottle with a lid is acceptable).
- Always remove weights from bars and return all weights to proper racks, return additional machine weights and bench/incline pins to standard position.
- When using the free weights, always use spotters.
- Do not drop bars or lean plates against equipment.
- Do not alter or abuse machines and free weight area with reckless technique or improper use.
- Do not lean against or put your hands on the mirrors.
- Horseplay or unsafe activity is not acceptable behavior in the weight room.
- No tobacco products allowed in the weight room.
- This is a classroom for physical education during the academic year; the weight room will be closed during class time.
- We encourage you bring your own towel to wipe the machines after use; we will not provide towels for personal use. The machines will be cleaned daily by Dow Center personnel.
- See the Dow Center personnel for stereo station change.
- Volume level of the stereo has been determined by the manufacturer and will not be increased to protect the function of the speakers.
- Personal CD players and Walkmans are encouraged; any larger devices will not be permissible.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- Do not prop open doors to the weight room.