Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Dean Aquatic Center Rules
- No running on deck.
- No shoes on deck.
- NO DIVING IN SHALLOW END! ALSO, NO JUMPING OR DIVING OFF STARTING BLOCKS UNLESS AS PART OF SWIM PRACTICE WITH COACH PRESENT.
- Only one bounce on the diving board unless a diving coach is present.
- No sitting on or climbing over lane markers.
- Showers must be taken before swimming.
- Divers should alternate turns from high and low boards. Avoid collisions. If necessary, one of the 1-meter or 3-meter boards can be closed during busy swims.
- No back dives, flips, or gymnastics permitted off the pool edge.
- NO ROUGHHOUSING OR MISBEHAVING IN THE POOL OR IN THE LOCKER ROOMS! POOR BEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION.
- Any activity which the guard feels is unsafe will be stopped.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by someone 13 or over for admission into the pool. IF ANY CHILD MISBEHAVES, HE OR SHE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE POOL WITHOUT PARENTS, NO MATTER WHAT AGE THE CHILD IS.
- 6:30 - 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. (M-F) are adult lap swims. These are not times for children. Only lap swimmers are allowed.
- Everyone must have their membership cards with them.
- Guests are to arrive with their sponsors, and leave with their sponsors.
- Children cannot use their parent's college I.D. If their parents do work for the college, the children can get their own I.D. at Baldwin.
- No equipment other than kickboards, pullbuoys, and aquajoggers are to be taken from the equipment room (i.e. no masks, fins, innertubes, etc.). The equipment room is to be kept locked during evening and weekend swims.