Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey!
Your reponses are key to information that will assist in improving services at the college as well as provide information in respond to questions from faculty, graduate schools, employers, alumni, and prospective students. Grouped data is also used in response to requests from organizations like Barron’s, Peterson’s and U.S. News and World Report.
Information provided will remain strictly confidential and absolutely no identifying information will be used.
How to complete the survey
- You will be mailed a copy of the survey to complete and return
- If you prefer, you can complete the survey on-line
Thank you very much for your time and participation!
Preparing for an Interview
The interview is your chance to meet potential employers or graduate school colleagues and to expand upon the information highlighted in your résumé and application materials. It is also the chance to learn first hand and in detail about positions and organizations in your field of interest.
Think of the interview as the opportunity to exchange information, not a one-way monologue in which your role is to only answer questions asked.
Although interviewing time lines and processes vary according to your field or the organization, there are many standard aspects of interviewing. These include:
- Interacting with employers before and after the interview
- Preparing for the interview
- Tips on the interview itself
The Career and Internship Center is available to assist you as you prepare for an interview. Preparation and practice are key in acing your interview!
We are pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview.
Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
How to Register
Here is the info to set up your Big Interview account:
- Go to https://albion.biginterview.com/register.
- Complete registration process, be sure to use your albion.edu email address.
- You'll then receive a confirmation email. Follow the link in that email to start using Big Interview.
What is a Personal Statement?
Writing a personal statement for graduate school applications can feel overwhelming. The purpose of your personal statement is to introduce yourself, explain why you are a good match for the program, market yourself, and entice the admissions committee to positively consider your application. Begin by researching each graduate school you are applying to and learning everything you can about their programs, faculty interests, and requirements for applications.
The Career and Internship Center is available to discuss the process with you and assist you as you develop your cover letter – simply contact us.
In addition to Career Development staff, don’t forget the other many resources available to you:
- Albion faculty – they were successful in their applications
- Albion alumni and friends who have gone on to graduate school – they have insight into what worked for them and/or what a specific school is looking for
- Internet sites created by graduate students at various schools – search on the Internet for blogs
- The writing center – available to assist you in the writing process