Compliance Committees

Based on federal law, several regulatory committees have been set up at Albion College.

  1. If your research involves human subjects or other animals, you must consult with the appropriate committee before submitting your grant proposal for funding.
  2. If your research involves potentially infectious agents, carcinogens, teratogens, mutagens, hazardous chemicals, and/or radioactive materials or radiation - producing equipment, you need to have your alt research protocols (SOP) reviewed by the Chemical Hygiene Officer, David Carey.
  3. If your research involves in vitro formation of recombinant DNA, you need to consult with the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and the Associate Dean of the Faculty, Beth Lincoln.