Dean Aquatic Center Rules
Open swim hours for current Albion College students, faculty and staff ONLY are as follows:
Sunday-Friday: 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- No shoes on deck.
- NO DIVING IN SHALLOW END! ALSO, NO JUMPING OR DIVING OFF STARTING BLOCKS UNLESS AS PART OF SWIM PRACTICE WITH COACH PRESENT.
- Only one bounce on the diving board unless a diving coach is present.
- No sitting on or climbing over lane markers.
- Showers must be taken before swimming.
- Divers should alternate turns from high and low boards. Avoid collisions. If necessary, one of the 1-meter or 3-meter boards can be closed during busy swims.
- No back dives, flips, or gymnastics permitted off the pool edge.
- NO ROUGHHOUSING OR MISBEHAVING IN THE POOL OR IN THE LOCKER ROOMS! POOR BEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION.
- Any activity which the guard feels is unsafe will be stopped.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by someone 13 or over for admission into the pool. IF ANY CHILD MISBEHAVES, HE OR SHE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE POOL WITHOUT PARENTS, NO MATTER WHAT AGE THE CHILD IS.
- Everyone must have their membership cards with them.
- Faculty, staff and students may bring guests (members may not, without prior approval from Nick Stone).
- Guests are to arrive with their sponsors, and leave with their sponsors.
- Children cannot use their parent's college I.D. If their parents do work for the college, the children can get their own I.D. at Baldwin.
- No equipment other than kickboards, pullbuoys, and aquajoggers are to be taken from the equipment room (i.e. no masks, fins, innertubes, etc.). The equipment room is to be kept locked during evening and weekend swims.
- Anyone trying to arrange pool use for a group must contact Nick Stone.