Department and Campus Scholarships
The College provides a number of opportunities to recognize students for their unique talents and abilities.
The following scholarships are offered to entering and continuing students and are renewable.
Bernard T. Lomas Scholarship
- Available to a student intending to major in communication studies. Based on the applicant's academic record and speech-related activities.
- Contact the Communication Studies Department at 517/629-0325 or e-mail Karen Erlandson, department chair.
Fine Arts Scholarships
- Based on demonstrated talent, and without regard to academic major, to students planning to participate in art, music, or theatre.
- Contact the departments listed below for an audition and/or interview.
Art: 517/629-0249 or e-mail
Music: 517/629-0481 or e-mail
Theatre: 517/629-0345 or e-mail
David Randall Chemistry Scholarship
- Available to students who plan to, or are, majoring in chemistry. Based upon an applicant's academic record and student intent to pursue an advanced degree in chemistry or related science.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to renew the scholarship.
- Contact the Chemistry Department at 517/629-0276 for further information.
Kalamazoo Promise - Our Promise
- Available to students who have the Kalamazoo Promise scholarship.
- Students should complete a FAFSA by February 15th each year.
- Students may have up to 100% of their financial need met to cover tuition, fees, housing and food costs depending upon the value of their Promise scholarship.
- Financial need may be met through the Promise Scholarship along with college, state and federal grants/scholarships as well as campus employment.
Methodist Student Aid Programs
United Methodist Clergy Award
- Available to children of ordained United Methodist clergy who are on an active assignment with a United Methodist Conference.
- Automatic consideration for the award based on information provided on the admission application.
United Methodist Student Scholarship
- Awarded to select students who are active members of their local United Methodist Church.
- Complete the Application and Certification of Church Membership form for consideration.
- Funding is provided by the national office of the United Methodist Church.
John Wesley Matching Scholarship
- Albion College will match a scholarship that a student receives from his/her local United Methodist Church up to $1,000.
- Complete the John Wesley Scholarship Application for consideration.
Triple Your Dollars for Scholars
- Albion College participates in the "Triple Your Dollars for Scholars" program through the United Methodist Foundation. Visit the foundation's Web site for details about this scholarship program.