Distinguished Albion College Community College Transfer Scholarship
Albion College has established the Distinguished Albion College-Community College Transfer Scholarship to recognize outstanding achievements by students at two-year colleges. This scholarship is offered to highly qualified applicants who wish to transfer to a liberal arts college for completion of their bachelor's degree.
One student will be awarded the scholarship. Participating community colleges include:
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Jackson Community College
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Kellogg Community College
- Lansing Community College
- Washtenaw Community College
Selection and Requirements
Candidates for this scholarship must be currently enrolled at a partnering community college and must have been admitted to Albion College. After a review, students whose credentials meet or exceed the scholarship requirements will be invited to interview with the Transfer Committee. Scholarship recipients will be announced at least 60 days prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an associate's degree or minimum of 48 credit hours at a participating community college prior to entrance to Albion College.
- Admission to Albion College by May 1 for fall entrance.
- Completion and submission of a FAFSA to Albion by May 1.
- A 3.8 GPA or higher at the community college level. Academic rigor and performance will be assessed over the equivalent of three semesters of full-time college-level work.
- Student must be pursuing an academic major offered at Albion College.
- The recipient will be identified as a Distinguished Albion College- Community College Transfer Student.
- The scholarship will cover 75 percent of the student's tuition for the first year of attendance. For the second year of attendance, the scholarship is renewable in the same amount, as long as the student is making satisfactory academic progress by achieving an annual GPA of 3.0 or higher and remaining in good standing.
- Eligibility for subsequent scholarship support after two years of attendance at Albion College will be based on the student's progress toward degree completion.
Should the scholarship recipient also apply for need-based financial aid, College policies will be followed in awarding additional aid.
If you have any questions about the Distinguished Albion College-Community College Transfer Student Scholarship, please contact the Admission Office, at .