Grants and Scholarships
Albion College Off-Campus Programs (OCP) Grant
Grants of up to $1,500 are awarded to students demonstrating financial need - check with the Office of Financial Aid with questions about this eligibility requirement. These competitive awards are also weighted by other factors such as program location (domestic or abroad), whether off-campus study is a requirement of the student's major, grade point average, and the quality of the application essay. Apply after being accepted by the Albion Study Abroad committee, through the Britons Abroad TerraDotta portal.
Kim Tunnicliff Endowment
In support of individuals studying abroad, the Kim Tunnicliff Endowment seeks to provide Albion College students with financial support as they embark on experiential and international educational opportunities.
Eligibility: Student must be engaged in an Albion-approved study abroad program. Preference shall go to a student studying in Russia, Africa or the Middle East, or to those who apply for an international program which includes independent field study or research. Preference is also given to members of the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Leadership in Public Policy and Service.
Requirements: As a follow-up to their experience, recipients will prepare an academic project on campus (i.e. reflection paper, public presentation) upon their return.
Contact: Contact the Albion College Ford Institute for application information
External Grants and Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship For more information: iie.org/gilman.
- Boren Awards For more information: borenawards.org.
- Institute of International Education (IIE) Scholarship Listings For more information: studyabroadfunding.org.
- BUTEX International Scholarships For more information: butex.ac.uk.
- French-American Chamber of Commerce Scholarship For more information, visit the FACC-Michigan website faccmi.org or contact 248/936-9473.
- Diversity Abroad Scholarship Listings For more information: diversityabroad.com.
- The Bridging Scholarship For more information: aatj.org.