Celebrating Successes 2003-2005
We in Albion College's Psychology Department and Neuroscience Concentration congratulate our students on their accomplishments. The students listed below have met significant goals associated with their professional development.
This page was updated only minimally from 2004 - 2005. It contains many omissions. If a student who did something meritorious and they would like to have the information added please email
Students Recognized for their Achievements a the end of the 2004-2005 School Year
The Heston Award for Outstanding Psychology Major was shared this year by two students: Heather Holleman and Laura Krasean. The Metalonis Summer Research Fellowship was awarded to Jordan Troisi, and Kelly Parsell received the Metalonis Scholarship. The Metalonis Awards are made possible by Karen and Gary Metalonis in memory of their daughter Kirsten, a Psychology major who died just before she was to graduate in 1999.
The David & Patricia Hogberg Award for Research Excellence in Psychology was awarded this year to Lori Karakashian and Jeremy Benton. The award was established by Professor Emeritus David Hogberg and his wife.
- Maggie Keller (2004) and Ryan Morgan (2003) are co-authors (with Dr. Christopher) on a paper entitled "Materialism and self-presentational styles" to be published in Personality and Individual Differences.
- Ryan Morgan (2003) & Jordan Troisi (2006) are coauthors with Dr. Christopher on a paper entitled "Affluence cues and first impressions: Does it matter how the affluence was acquired" to be published in the Journal of Economic Psychology.
- Kirstin Leiby was awarded the 2003-2004 Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Grant to support her senior thesis.
- Analisa Velasquez (2002) was admitted to the MSW program at the University of California, Berkeley. (8/28/2003)
- Lindsey Paskvan & Kristine Freeman will present a poster entitled "Differential effects of ephedrine and caffeine on locomotion and anxiety in rats" (co-authored by Dr. Wilson) at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience in New Orleans. (8/21/2003)
- Amber Chenoweth & Josh Hodges will present a poster entitled "Differentiation of CS+ and CS- by Rats in a Runway-based Pavlovian Conditioning Task" (co-authored by Dr. Wilson) at the annual meeting of the Pavlovian Society in Bloomington, IN. (8/21/2003)
- Sara West will present a poster entitled "Conditioned Inhibition of Already-Elicited Autoshaped CRs in the Rat" (co-authored by Dr. Wilson) at the annual meeting of the Pavlovian Society in Bloomington, IN. (8/21/2003)