The Briton Path
Each year, the Office of Admissions selects a number of students who meet our program criteria. These are students whose scores (either GPA and/or SAT/ACT) are lower than those students generally admitted to the college. For these students, the program is a requirement of their admission to Albion College.
The program components are opportunities to guide you towards the habits and skills of a successful college student. You can gain a head start that can be crucial for early success. Your commitment and engagement with the program will determine the success of your path.
Get on the Path!
The Briton Path offers you a quick start to college level academics. In December you will look back on your first semester with wonder at how far you have come and how you have changed. The Briton Path can help smooth this ride. Through the program's activities, you will:
- Develop college study habits early in the first semester, minimizing trial and error
- Use Albion College's amazing resources for learning outside the classroom
- Learn to use your time wisely so you can enjoy all the benefits of classes, social life, and campus activities
The Briton Path Includes:
- Peer Academic Coaches
- Weekly group study skill sessions
- Weekly guided practice sessions for first year introductory courses
- Individualized weekly consultations for time management and problem-solving support
- Access to individualized guidance and consultation for campus issues from LSC staff
Learn more about the Briton Path