Why Join the Institute for Healthcare Professions?
Amy Bell, '14, shadowed multiple physicians at Allegiance Hospital in Jackson. She was supervised by Dr. Dave Komasara, '85.
Chelsea Woodward, '14, shadowed in speech pathology at Allegiance Hospital. She was supervised by Katherine Dorr.
Kimmy Leverenz, '13, participated in the Cancer Research Summer Internship Program at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center in Ann Arbor.
Rachel Kohanov, '14, completed a veterinary practicum at the practice of Dr. Jennifer Aschenbrener in Albion.
Robin Redline, '14, and Nikila Peddireddy, '14, completed the Beaumont Hospital Radiology Summer Apprentice Program under the supervision of Dr. Kurt Tech, '80.
The Institute's Marikay Dobbins, R.N., gives a presentation to high school students and their families at MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland.
What Is the Institute?
As someone who is interested in the health professions, we think you should consider Albion's Institute for Healthcare Professions. The Institute is here to help assure that you have the best chance of getting into the health professional school of your choice -- and we invite you to apply for membership in the Institute.
As a member of the Institute for Healthcare Professions, you will receive all of the benefits below, at no additional cost during your education at Albion College:
- Quality advising to assure appropriate preparation for professional training;
- Assistance in securing job shadowing, internships, and/or research opportunities;
- Workshops and seminars to help navigate the professional school application process;
- Support for standardized test taking (MCAT, GRE, DAT, etc.);
- Access to health professionals who will serve as mentors;
- Information and statistics on professional schools;
- Access to an extensive resource library maintained by the Institute;
- And many other valuable opportunities and resources
Albion College and the Institute have a proud tradition of students being admitted to the health professional schools of their choice. Let us show you how we can help you achieve your goals.
We believe that you have what it takes -- and encourage you to apply to the Institute
Students generally apply for admission to the Institute as incoming Albion College students, and have a strong academic background with an interest in the healthcare professions.