Internships and Jobs
Create a profile and access thousands of jobs and internship opportunities in your areas of interest!
Friday, February 19, 2016 at the Crown Plaza Hotel - Lansing
Job Pursuit is the annual job fair sponsored and hosted by a consortium of private, independent Michigan Colleges and Universities dedicated to the advancement of employment opportunities in Michigan. Visit the website through the above link for complete information, including a list of employers scheduled to attend the 2015 event (list of companies TBA as event gets closer).
Recommended Resources for Internships and Jobs
- Coolworks.com - job and internship site for the adventurous student and graduate
- Idealist.org – internship opportunities worldwide focused on non-profit organizations
- Indeed - Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 100 million unique visitors per month.
- Internships-USA.com – the largest internship site for U.S. internships on the web with more than 3,000 organizations offering internships for college and law students. Over 100,000 students visit the site every month. Albion College holds the subscription for this site. Please use the following information to access internships-usa.com: Username: Albion | Password: GoBrits
- Interninimichigan.com - Register with the new Intern in Michigan and get instant internship matches based on your individual needs. It’s free to post internships and it’s free to apply for opportunities.
- LinkedIn - The world's largest professional network on the internet, has an enormous jobs board.
- MI Talent – Michigan Talent Bank connects you to postings on company websites of internship and job opportunities in Michigan
- MI Internships - MIINTERNSHIP.com is an internship service provided by regional economic development partners led by Southwest Michigan First, Southwest Michigan’s private economic development organization serving a seven-county region.
- Michigan.gov/intern - internships with the State of Michigan in various agencies and departments
- Mlive - Job listings in Michigan listed with Mlive
- Pathways to Equity - Improving women’s access to good middle-skill jobs can help close the wage gap and improve women’s economic security. The Pathways to Equity Initiative shows job changes that can improve women’s economic standing and meet employers’ demands for skilled workers.
- Science Jobs and Internships - Comprehensive list from the Albion College Library
- USAJobs - Government website where nearly all federal government jobs are posted.
- ZipRecruiter - Great resource that is being touted as the best job search engine.
General Internship Advice
In today's competitive job market, it is extremely important for you to obtain experience related to your career ambitions. Employers will be asking you about your internships, part-time jobs, and summer jobs to assess your ability to perform in a full-time position. Companies are now using internships as one of the most common methods to select new employees. Albion College can help you with this process through your faculty advisor, your institute, and the Career and Internship Center.
- Use ALL resources available to you including all personal and professional contacts, the Career and Internship Center, and your faculty advisor.
- Apply early and apply often to any opportunity that might interest you. Do not turn down a job or internship that you have not been offered!
- Be certain you have a quality resume and associated application materials before applying— the Career and Internship Center is available to assist you!
- Use the Registrar's Internship Form to receive credit for your internship
Additional Internship Sources
- Michigan Governor's Internship Program - Internship opportunities available with the State of Michigan Governor's office for Fall 2012
- The White House Internship Program - The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills.
Research and/or Fellowship Opportunities
- National Institute of Health Undergraduate Scholarship Program – competitive scholarships to exceptional students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to biomedical, behavioral, and social science research careers at the NIH
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory - opportunities for undergraduate research in a variety of majors
- Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) at the Medical College of Wisconsin – provides the opportunity for students to learn first-hand the potential of the biomedical sciences as an interesting and fulfilling career
Additional Career Resources
- Resources on Companies and Careers
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- Where Diversity Is Valued
- Environment and Agriculture - Sustainability and "Green" Positions
- Human Resources
- International Companies
- Resources for International Employment
- Marketing / Advertising / Publishing
- Non-Profit and Social Services
- Retail and Fashion
- Science, Medicine, and Health Care
- Sports and Recreation