Internships and Jobs
Handshake helps students and recruiters come together to meet, talk, and share opportunities. Create a profile and access thousands of jobs and internship opportunities in your areas of interest!
Friday, February 16, 2018 at the Crown Plaza Hotel - Lansing
Job Pursuit is the annual job fair sponsored and hosted by a consortium of private, independent Michigan Colleges and Universities dedicated to the advancement of employment opportunities in Michigan. Visit the website through the above link for complete information, including a list of employers scheduled to attend the 2015 event (list of companies TBA as event gets closer).
Recommended Resources for Internships and Jobs
- Coolworks.com - job and internship site for the adventurous student and graduate
- Idealist.org - internship opportunities worldwide focused on non-profit organizations
- Internships.com - Internships.com claims to be the world's largest internship marketplace bringing students, employers and higher education institutions together in one centralized location.
- Interninimichigan.com - Register with the new Intern in Michigan and get instant internship matches based on your individual needs. It's free to post internships and it's free to apply for opportunities.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect - Michigan Talent Bank connects you to postings on company websites of internship and job opportunities in Michigan
- MI Internships - MIINTERNSHIP.com is an internship service provided by regional economic development partners led by Southwest Michigan First, Southwest Michigan's private economic development organization serving a seven-county region.
- Michigan.gov/intern - internships with the State of Michigan in various agencies and departments
- Mlive - Job listings in Michigan listed with Mlive
- NACELinkNetwork - National Association of Colleges and Employers web site for national job postings. Consistently, over 2 million jobs and internships geard toward college students.
- Pathways to Equity - Improving women's access to good middle-skill jobs can help close the wage gap and improve women's economic security. The Pathways to Equity Initiative shows job changes that can improve women's economic standing and meet employers' demands for skilled workers.
- Science Jobs and Internships - Comprehensive list from the Albion College Library
- USAJobs - Government website where nearly all federal government jobs are posted.
- ZipRecruiter - Great resource that is being touted as the best job search engine.
LinkedIn Job Search
The world's largest professional network to build relationships and connect with opportunity. Use LinkedIn Job Search to harness the power of your network to uncover insights such as whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search.
General Internship Advice
In today's competitive job market, it is extremely important for you to obtain experience related to your career ambitions. Employers will be asking you about your internships, part-time jobs, and summer jobs to assess your ability to perform in a full-time position. Companies are now using internships as one of the most common methods to select new employees. Albion College can help you with this process through your faculty advisor, your institute, and the Career and Internship Center.
- Use ALL resources available to you including all personal and professional contacts, the Career and Internship Center, and your faculty advisor.
- Apply early and apply often to any opportunity that might interest you. Do not turn down a job or internship that you have not been offered!
- Be certain you have a quality resume and associated application materials before applying— the Career and Internship Center is available to assist you!
- Use the Registrar's Internship Form to receive credit for your internship
Additional Internship Sources
Research and/or Fellowship Opportunities
Additional Career Resources