Sample Questions You Might Ask an Interviewer
Asking questions of your interviewer is the simplest way of showing knowledge about the position and an interest in the company. Don't interrupt with questions but be prepared when given the opportunity.
Sample questions you might ask a potential employer
- What is a typical day like?
- What personal qualities/characteristics are most important for success in this position/organization?
- What working relationships will I have with others in the organization?
- How often will my performance be evaluated? How will I be evaluated?
- What are the prospects for future growth and expansion of this company?
- What are the major changes that this organization wishes to bring about?
- What training opportunities are available to better prepare employees for their position or for advancement?
- What is the company's management philosophy?
- Has this organization hired Albion graduates in the past? If so, what is their success record?
- What will be expected of me as a new employee?
- What has been your career path with this company?
If interviewing for a teaching position
- What is the average class size?
- What auxiliary services are offered to the student? To the teacher?
- Describe the economic/cultural mix of students in your district.
- Does the community support the school district? How?
- What type of support does the administration provide for teachers?