- Anthropology and Sociology; member, Ford Institute
- Graduate/Professional School:
- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Barbara
- Carlisle, Pa.
- Assistant Professor of Sociology, Dickinson College
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- My research and teaching centers on race, racism, and civil rights advocacy in the United States.
- What are you working on right now?
- I’m working on a book about my research on Arab, Muslim, Sikh, and South Asian American civil rights efforts.
- Why do you love what you do?
- As a professor at a liberal arts college, I am very fortunate to work with great students, learning about and discussing issues that I believe are important.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- The great professors I met at Albion, especially Dr. Len Berkey, were excellent teachers and scholars. In many ways, they were role models for me. I hope to one day feel like I’m able to live up to their example.
- For me, Albion ...
- ... provided a valuable space for learning about the world and about myself.
Take It Further: Anthropology and Sociology, Ford Institute for Leadership in Public Policy and Service
More Success Stories