Allison Moore Beers
- English, Communication Studies
- Traverse City, Mich.
- Owner, Events North and Put Your Phone Down!
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- I own and operate a full-service meeting and event planning agency. We work with clients all over the state. I am also a public speaker. I present Put Your Phone Down! all over the country. It’s a presentation about business etiquette. I say it’s a serious yet humorous look at etiquette.
- What are you working on right now?
- We are ALWAYS working on the next event!
- Why do you love what you do?
- I love that I get to work in an awesome city like Traverse City and do what I love! I’m so proud that I have built such a successful business from the ground up. I love watching the business grow each year. I feel blessed to work with such amazing clients where the work that we do makes a difference in the lives of people in Traverse City.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- Albion provided me with an amazing foundation for the skills it takes to be an entrepreneur. It allowed me to explore my interests and find the perfect fit in the world. While at Albion I was encouraged to look into an internship to bring the knowledge that I learned in the classroom to real work experience. When I took my first summer internship in Chicago, I thought I wanted a career in public relations. I quickly realized that I enjoyed the events that we planned more than the media relations work. For my second summer internship, I looked for an event planning agency and fell in love with the industry. This experience helped narrow my career path so that when I left college I knew the exact job I wanted to find.
- For me, Albion ...
- ... is about becoming the person you are destined to be!
Take It Further: English, Communication Studies
More Success Stories