Emily Crichton O’Hara
- Art; minor in Art History; member, Honors Program
- Graduate/Professional School:
- M.A., Johns Hopkins Univ.
- Boston, Mass.
- Exhibit Content Developer, Museum of Science, Boston
Albion will prepare you. Learn more
- Albion prepared Emily.
- While at Albion, I had the ability to take classes in a multitude of fields. Even though I was an art major, also taking classes in math and science helped me gain a broad knowledge base. I was also able to participate in a museum internship my senior year. Together, these experiences have given me the ability to communicate with scientists and translate their expert understanding of a topic to a larger audience of general museum visitors.
- Albion provided opportunities to explore the world beyond my passions, encouraged me to stretch my mind to places where it was uncomfortable, and put me in situations where I had to clearly articulate my ideas. These experiences gave me the foundation on which I have built my current career.
- Students should take advantage of the opportunities that come with a liberal arts education. Even though the world sometimes projects a specialist education as the only option, you will end up competing for jobs with people who look exactly like you on paper. At a liberal arts college, you will be pushed outside your comfort zone and this will empower you more than you can imagine—you may find connections that strengthen your understanding or reveal a new way of looking at problems in your own field, or even discover a new path that interests you. These are vital skills that you will need to be successful after college.
Take It Further: Museum of Science, Boston; Art and Art History Department; Prentiss M. Brown Honors Program
More Success Stories