- Economics and Management (emphasis in Accounting); minor in Communication Studies; member, Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management
- Auburn Hills, Mich.
- General Accounting Financial Analyst for Inteva Products
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- I prepare monthly entries, analysis, reconciliations, and audit schedules. I help design, implement, streamline, and automate (where possible) global policies, processes and procedures. I assist in monitoring and enforcing compliance with established governing bodies. And lastly, provide guidance and assistance generating and implementing solutions to meet business needs while implementing new financial systems.
- Why do you love what you do?
- I love numbers and I love that there is always something new to learn in the field of accounting!!
- How did Albion help you get there?
- Albion helped me to get my first internships with Ernst & Young and Dow Corning; which led me to my first full-time job at Ernst & Young. While I was at E&Y, I was able to complete my CPA and build a very wide network in the accounting/finance profession. Thanks to my networks from Albion and E&Y, and my experiences at both, I was able to find my current role at Inteva Products as a General Accounting Financial Analyst. And Albion provided me with a strong support group through my peers, faculty, and staff. I could turn to them for help and guidance throughout my tenure at the College.
- For me, Albion…
- …was the best decision I have ever made! I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I am so grateful for all of my experiences that I had there and all of the wonderful people that I met there!
- Anything else you'd like to add?
- Go Brits!
Take It Further: Economics and Management, Gerstacker Institute, Communication Studies
More Success Stories