- Economics and Management
- Chicago, Ill.
- Associate, LaSalle Capital
- What kind of internship or off-campus experiences did you have as a student?
- Three investment banking internships: Columbus, Ohio; New York City (worked remotely); and Chicago. In Chicago, I worked for Baird’s investment banking division and started full-time as an analyst in July of 2013.
- Describe the path you’ve been following as a recent Albion graduate.
- After graduating in December 2012, I traveled from December to June. A fellow Albion alum and I traveled to over 20 countries across three continents. We started in New Zealand and ended our trip in England. With Baird, all analysts are given a two-year contract with a third-year option given to a few select individuals.
- Why do you love the field you’re pursuing? What drew you to it?
- The competitive nature to enter the field, the opportunities that investment banking provides, as well as the analytical work involved in the career are what drew me to it.
- How did Albion foster that interest?
- Through a rigorous academic program, highlighted by the Fed Challenge, and a great alumni network that facilitated my career opportunities.
- For me, Albion...
- ... has given me the tools and resources to be successful both on a personal and professional level.
- Anything else you’d like to add about your Albion experience?
- In this economic environment it is crucial to proactively look for a job. Going to Albion doesn’t give one a free pass into a successful career, but through the alumni network, education and College resources, it is more than possible.
Take It Further: Albion's Fed Challenge success, Economics and Management
More Success Stories