Facilities and Boarding
The Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center spans 340 acres and is the only on-campus equestrian center at a private college in Michigan. In fact, it's one of the few in the Midwest!
The Held Center offers student horse boarding and has capacity for 79 horses.
Board is $575 per month and includes:
- 12' x 12' matted stall
- Daily mucking out/bedding down
- Twice-daily feedings (We feed Tribute Equine Nutrition.)
- Free choice of hay
- Daily turn-out/turn-in (weather permitting)
- Scheduling of routine veterinary and farrier visits
- Blanketing and leg protection (as required)
- Administration of medications and supplements
Also available to students at the Held Equestrian Center:
- WiFi throughout the lounge and stable areas
- The Blanke Equestrian Collection of equine books, magazines, and DVDs
- An industrial washer and dryer for horse laundry
- A locker room for housing riding attire
- Storage space for tack trunks, blankets, and other large/seasonal items
The Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center offers students not only a quality riding environment, but also comfortable viwing area that offers large windows overlooking the indoor and outdoor arenas, furniture for study, a coffee machine, and copies of the latest riding magazines.
The Held Equestrian Center creates a learning environment that exists beyond the traditionally defined classroom. The equestrian center provides experiences that enhance their learning. The Center's classroom features a DVD player, a projector screen, and the Blanke Equestrian Collection.
The barns boast 12' x 12' stalls, rubber floor matting, an automatic watering system, automatic fly systems and separate bays for washing, veterinary care, and shoeing, ample locker room space, showers and restrooms, a washer and dryer, and heated tack rooms.
Three arenas currently serve the Held Equestrian Center: the 125' x 410' Randi C. Heathman Indoor Arena with two heated viewing areas, and a 100' x 200' outdoor all-weather sand arena.
Paddocks and Pastures
The Held Equestrian Center is situated on 340 acres of lush countryside on the southernmost edge of the Albion College campus. The grounds feature 37 paddocks for turnout and manicured trails for students to ride on. Each horse's individual paddock spans a half an acre.
We are grateful to our donors for the wonderful school horses who make their home at the Held Equestrian Center. Over 40 horses, ranging from Quarter Horse reiners to warmblood jumpers and dressage horses, make up the backbone of the lesson program and the varsity equestrian team.