How Is COVID-19 Affecting Events on Campus?
The pace of and response to the coronavirus pandemic has made clear that empathetic, compassionate, service-oriented leadership is needed more than ever. We are balancing finding a way to hold camps and conferences safely with the desire to not take something away from young people who have already lost so much. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we feel it is impractical if not impossible, to host outside overnight groups contracted at Albion College for the 2020 summer season.
We remain hopeful about the possibility of athletic day camps run by our Albion College coaches to happen in July or early August, if the Executive Order for Michigan allows group gatherings. If day camps can happen, dining will not be an option for food service and campers will be asked to bring their own food and drinks.
Below is the listing of camps/conferences either cancelled or on hold for further consideration from the Governor.
- CMU - May 10-15, 2020
- Marshall Academy Graduation - May 30, 2020
- HOBY Leadership Camp - June 11-14, 2020
- Coach May Team Camp - June 12-14, 2020
- Camp Med - June 16-19, 2020
- Brit Vets Camp - June 16-19, 2020
- Girls Basketball Shootout - June 18, 2020
- Coach May Team Camp - June 19-21, 2020
- Softball Camp - June 23, 2020
- Xcelerate Lacrosse Camp - June 22-25, 2020
- Wallace Wedding Ceremony - June 27, 2020
- Girls Basketball Camp - June 26, June 27, June 28, 2020
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes - June 27-July 2, 2020
- Varsity Cheer Camp - July 10-12, 2020
- Equestrian Camp - July 12-17, 2020
- Volleyball Team Camp - July 16-17, 2020
- MASSP - July 17-24, 2020
- Equestrian Camp - July 19-24, 2020
- Softball Camp - July 21, 2020
- Charlotte Band Camp - July 26-31, 2020
- Nike Baseball Camp - July 26-29, 2020
- Napoleon Band Camp - July 27-Aug. 1, 2020
On hold - already planned day camps
- Volleyball Prospect Camp - July 15, 2020
- Basketball Prospect Camp - July 28, July 29, 2020
- Lakeview HS Band - August 2-7, 2020
- Roseville HS Band - August 3-7, 2020
On hold - already planned day camps/event
- Girls Basketball Prospect - August 2, 2020
- Girls Basketball Prospect - August 8, 2020
- Kendrick Wedding/Reception - August 8, 2020
The following camps would like to reschedule for day camps in July or August and have already contacted the Office of Conference Services and Events.
- Coach May Team Camp
- Girls Basketball Shootouts
- Lacrosse Boys Camp
For questions about any of the above information, please contact Conference Services and Events.