Symantec Antivirus for Mac
Albion College provides Symantec Anti-virus (SAV) Corporate Edition free of charge to all Albion College students.
All pre-existing anit-virus and related security applications must be uninstallled and the computer rebooted before installing SAV.
- Symantec is available for PPC (OS 10.3 - 10.5) and Intel Macs (OS 10.3 and higher)
- 250 Mb disk space required for installation
- Close all running applications (reboot required at end of install)
- Download the installer (see link below)
- Double-click the downloaded file to extract the installer
- Double-click on Symantec Endpoint Protection.mpkg to start the installer
- Follow the on-screen prompts, accepting the default values supplied.
- Computer will restart. After logging in, you will find the Symantec icon in your task bar.
To download the software, click the link below. YOU MUST LOG IN to download this software (log in window is in the left-hand column).
Students may bring their computers to User Services (Help Desk) during regular business hours and IT staff will install SAV for you on a first-come, first-serve basis. User Services is located on the ground floor of the Ferguson Building, M-F, 8AM-5PM.
On each move-in Friday in August, IT staff will also be available in Wesley Hall to assist with software installation while students get settled.