15 Steps to Financial Success
- 1 Complete the FAFSA
We recommend everyone complete the FAFSA. Entering students by February 15, current students by May 1.
- 2 Review your financial aid award
We’ll send new students financial aid notifications beginning in mid-March. Current students will be emailed their notice beginning in mid-May.
- 3 Develop your Albion Financing Plan
Work with your admission or financial services counselor to explore your options and develop a plan to cover all of your college costs.
- 4 Visit your ACIS account to see what resources are available to you.
- Use the username and password provided in your award notification to log into ACIS.
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions of your scholarship.
- Accept Your Awards
- 5 Review the Student Requirements in ACIS to ensure your file is complete
- Recommended deadline is June 15th
- 6 Write Your Scholarship Thank You Note
- In ACIS click on the name of your scholarship to get information on your donor and instructions on how to write your letter.
- 7 Complete Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- 8 Complete Direct Loan Counseling
- 9 Complete Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- 10 Find a Job
- Work-study/Albion Work positions are available at http://www.albion.edu/hr/student-employment
- Complete the required paperwork before beginning employment.
- 11 Authorize Access
- 12 Check Your Bill
- Your bill will be emailed to you at the beginning of each month starting in July. You are responsible for reviewing it and paying the balance owed.
- 13 Consider a PLUS or alternative loan
- If you need additional resources to help cover your bill consider a PLUS or alternative loans
- 14 Request a refund
- 15 Read your email