Satisfactory Academic Progress
To maintain your financial aid package, you’re required to make “satisfactory academic progress.” This means that you must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) each semester, complete a required number of units each year, and complete your degree requirements within a set number of semesters.
GPA and unit requirements follow:
- 1.00 with a minimum of 3 units completed at the end of the first semester at Albion College
- 1.62 with a minimum of 6 units completed at the end of the second semester at Albion
- 1.75 with a minimum of 9 units completed at the end of the third semester at Albion
- 1.81 with a minimum of 13 units completed at the end of the fourth semester at Albion
- 1.90 with a minimum of 17 units completed at the end of the fifth semester at Albion
- 2.00 with a minimum of 21 units completed at the end of the sixth semester at Albion
- 2.00 with a minimum of 25 units completed at the end of the seventh semester at Albion
Any student who fails to obtain a minimum 2.0 GPA for three consecutive semesters is not considered to be making satisfactory academic progress for aid renewal.
Student records will be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office at the end of each semester of the academic year. Students who are placed on semester probation, academic probation, or terminal probation will remain eligible to receive financial aid. Students who are notified of required withdrawal are not eligible to receive financial aid. Visit the Academic Catalog for the full satisfactory progress policy.