Briton Career Connections
Share your Career Experiences and Guide Current Students on their Paths
Location: Kellogg Center, 2nd Floor
Date: Friday, October 16, 2015
Time: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What is Briton Career Connections?
Briton Career Connections is a great opportunity for alumni and parents to have personal conversations with students about their professional fields in a fair-style format. Attendees will be expected to talk about their career paths and offer suggestions for aspiring young professionals. This is also an ideal time to provide students with information on internships and jobs at your place of work or within your network.
Who Should Participate?
Anyone who would like to provide current students with information on their career path, company/organization or industry. Current professionals, current graduate students, and retired professionals all have very important information to communicate to students.
What is the Format of the Event?
You can choose to attend as an individual or represent your company. Participants will be provided table space that encourages networking with students and other alumni. The atmosphere will be a blend of a college career fair and networking event.
What Will/Should I Do at the Event?
As students visit your table it will be helpful if you can:
- Recruit for jobs and internships with your company/institution
- Provide them with information about your career path
- Advise students about pursuing careers similar to yours
- Discuss past experiences and what has provided a strong sense of meaning during your career
- Discuss graduate program options and your experience
- Communicate pointers about trends in applicable career fields
- Provide advice regarding students’ networking/elevator speeches
Deadline: Friday, October 2, 2015